With just over a week to go, World Cup fever is upon us. Fans have cleared their schedules, garden parties have been arranged and pubs are stocking up for the Russia vs Saudi Arabia kick off next Thursday 14th June. Even if football isn’t really your thing, we have a ‘if you can’t beat them, join them’ mentality here at SensatioNail. So, here are some fabulous manicure ideas to get the World Cup party started.
WORLD CUP FEVER
Nothing shows support for your team like this example for Team England, a gorgeous red and white manicure. We would love to see your manicure for whichever country you are supporting, so please do share.
- For easy gel removal in 2 weeks, prepare the nail with our new StripGel Peel Off Base Coat.
- Apply two coats of alternating red and white colour to four nails on each hand and cure.
- For the remaining two nails, apply two layers of clear French Manicure Gel Polish and cure.
- Add the white tip to the two clear nails - click here for a handy french manicure tutorial that shows you how.
- Finish with the No Wipe Gel Top Coat, and apply a strip of Pearl Nail Studs to the french manicured nail. Voilà!
GOING FOR GOLD
Whilst the players impress us with their footwork on the pitch and go for gold, why not impress your friends with a fabulous pedicure! This look keeps things simple with a deep dark mauve, plum or colour of your choice. Followed by a cure, one layer of Gel Base & Topcoat (or No Wipe Top Coat) and a final cure. With our incredible LED Nail Lamp which cures in just 30 seconds, you’ll be ready to kick a ball around in no time.
For more information about how to perfect the pedicure, read our How To Apply Gel Polish to Toenails blog post.
This year’s Coca-Cola Anthem for the 2018 FIFA World Cup is ‘Colours’ by Jason Derulo. Addressing the issue of multiculturalism, Derulo writes on his Twitter "Represent your country - represent your flag. Be proud of where you're from and who you are." This colourful manicure does just that, using Pink Chiffon, Never Tell a Lilac, Dizzy Daisy, Tropical Punch and Mostly Mint.
- For easy gel removal in 2 weeks, prepare the nail with our new Peel Off Base Coat. For a traditional gel removal, stick with our Gel Base and Topcoat.
- Apply two layers of each colour to one nail on each hand. A top tip to avoid smudging is to paint four nails on each hand first, finishing with the thumbs and then curing.
- Apply one layer of the SensatioNail Gel Base and Topcoat or No Wipe Top Coat and cure.
Don't Miss Out