PACIFIC WORLD LIMITED
Last updated: 9th February 2017
1. Who we are
This website is operated by Pacific World Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 04243071 and with our registered office at 11 Waterloo Street, Birmingham, B25TB United Kingdom
Personal data means information which identifies you, and includes information such as your name, address, email address, telephone number and password, as well as any other personal data collected
4. Collection of your personal data
- Guest Users
If you are not registered with us, the data we collect about you is limited. Please refer to section 7 below, detailing the anonymous data we collect.
- Registered Users
If you choose to register with us, you will be provided with an account to assist you when buying our products through our website. You may also benefit from future added features of our website. We will collect personal data including your name, email address, delivery address and telephone number.
- Recipients of Gift Cards
If personal data is entered about you for the purposes of sending you a gift card, then we shall process your personal data to satisfy that order and for the purposes set out in clause 5 below.
5. Our use of your personal data
We will only use your personal data to fulfil your requests for information, to satisfy any order you have placed with us and to manage your account with us. We will only process data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes. Where we send you information for any purpose, it may be sent by e-mail or post. When we ask you for personal data it may include the following purposes:
- we may contact you occasionally to inform you of new products we will be providing;
- we may send you requested information on your products;
- we may use your personal data to process your order;
- we may use your personal data for marketing purposes; or
- we may use your personal data internally to administer this website and help us improve our services.
If you no longer wish to receive e-mails from us and want to be removed from our electronic mailing list, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Email Unsubscribe” in the subject heading. Alternatively, you can click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button that appears at the bottom of any email correspondence that you may receive from us.
You may also wish to write to us at the address given below, under section 15 “feedback”.
If you choose to unsubscribe from our mailing lists, we will hold your contact details on file marked so that we do not contact you again. This is so that we do not contact you if your details are subsequently provided to us by a third party
7. Anonymous data collected through this website
In addition to the data we collect as described above, we use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our website. For example, our web server automatically logs which pages of our website our visitors view, their IP addresses and which web browsers our visitors use. This technology does not identify you personally; it simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our website.
Our website contains hyperlinks to other pages on our website. We may use technology to track how often these links are used and which pages on our website our visitors choose to view. Again this technology does not identify you personally – it simply enables us to compile statistics about the use of these hyperlinks
In order to collect the anonymous data described in the preceding paragraph, we may use cookie technology on our website.
A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive, mobile phone or other device. Cookies do not damage your computer.
You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not. However, some of the services and features offered through our website may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
We use two types of cookies on our website:
- Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided, like shopping baskets or e-billing. They are deleted when you close the browser
- Performance cookies
These cookies collect data in an anonymous form about how visitors use our website. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it
- Targeting and advertising cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
We may also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our website and to improve the service we offer to you. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your computer on a network, or in this case, the internet. Your IP address might also be used to gather broad demographic information.
We may perform IP lookups to determine which domain you are coming from (i.e. aol.com, yourcompany.com) to more accurately gauge our users’ demographics.
Information from these types of cookies and technologies or about website usage is not combined with information about you from any other source.
None of the cookies or technologies that we use will personally identify you.
Here are the Cookies used on this website and what they are used for:
and various others
These cookies are used to store your settings for using this website. This website may not function correctly without these cookies.
Google Tag Manager & Google Analytics
and various others
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form only.
and various others
These are third party cookies which store your options for viewing YouTube videos on this website and on others.
These cookies are used to store your settings and options for various cart recovery options on sensationail.co.uk and on other websites incorporating VE Interactive technology.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies from this website, please be aware that some areas of the website will not function without them. You can set your browser to handle your cookie choices for all websites or just certain website. You can find out more about your browser's settings here.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
9. Disclosure of your personal data
- In order to provide you with the information or products which you have requested, your personal data may occasionally be transferred or shared with third parties who act for us for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have subsequently consented. For example, sometimes a third party may have access to your personal data in order to support our information technology or to handle mailings on our behalf.
- We will keep your contact details on our database and may, from time to time, e-mail or post you information to make you aware of our other similar products which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive e-mails or post from us for these purposes, please let us know by following the “unsubscribe” procedure set out above.
- We may share, transfer or disclose the data in our databases and server logs to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, interacting with anti-fraud databases, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this website, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of our flotation on a stock exchange, sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution, disposal of all or part of our assets or similar event. We will inform you of any such transfer or disclosure as required by law
- Where you have consented, we may share your personal data with other companies whose products and services may be of interest to you
Where appropriate, before disclosing personal data to a third party, we contractually require the third party to take adequate precautions to protect that data and to comply with applicable law.
In the event of a merger/acquisition or company reorganisation, the user data may be part of the transferred assets and are likely to be disclosed to the new company.
10. Data access and corrections
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your personal data, we will disclose to you the personal data we hold about you, for which we may make request a small fee to cover our administration costs.
We will also correct, amend or delete any personal data that you tell us is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes. You may update any data you have given to us by emailing us at email@example.com or by writing to us at our registered address as given in clause 1 above.
Requests to delete personal data are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed on us.
11. Unauthorised third party access to your data
Despite the security measures we have in place to protect your personal data (firewalls, and SSL encryption) you acknowledge that your personal data may be accessed by unauthorized third party, e.g. as a result of an illegal activity.
In the unlikely event of such access, we may notify you via email (using the address you have provided us) of such occurrence.
12. Links to other websites
13. Transfer of data abroad
As we have affiliate companies in the United States of America, by visiting this website and communicating electronically with us, you also consent to the processing and transfer of your personal data to the USA which may be used in the same manner and for the same purposes as described in clause 5 above.
14. Governing Law